WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are small text files (usually composed of letters and numbers), stored in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message.
They allow a website to recognize the browser or device. Like most websites, Les Gens Heureux uses technologies, mostly through small data files stored on your device that allow us to record certain information when you visit or use our website.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies: they expire when the browser closes and allow us to link your actions during that particular session,
- Persistent cookies: they are stored on your device between browsing sessions and allow us to store your preferences or actions on multiple sites,
- Proprietary cookies: they are issued by the site you are visiting,
- Third-party cookies: they are issued by a third party site, separate from the site you are visiting.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO LES GENS HEUREUX USE?
Our cookies have different functions. They can:
- Be necessary for the functioning of our services,
- Help us to improve our performance,
- Offer you additional features
- Cookies issued by Les Gens Heureux
Les Gens Heureux issues session cookies, which are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the site and your navigation on it.
Les Gens Heureux also issues persistent cookies to remember your language, time zone, shopping cart and other preferences.
- Cookies issued by third parties
OVH, our hosting provider issues a session cookie, strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the site and your navigation on it.
HOW TO MANAGE THE DEPOSIT AND READING OF COOKIES?
Certain features of the site, services, applications and tools are made available to you only through these cookies or trackers.
You can block, delete or disable these technologies if your browser or device allows it.
However, the refusal to use these technologies may result in the unavailability of certain features of the site, services, applications or tools. You may also be asked to enter your password more frequently during your browsing session if using the site requires you to create a user account.
For more information on blocking, deleting or disabling these technologies, consult your browser or device settings.
Cookies or trackers can be disabled or deleted using tools available in most browsers. Since each browser has different features and options, the preferences of each of the browsers you use should be defined separately.
Here's how to control or prevent the recording of cookies or trackers:
1/ if you use the Internet browser Explorer™
In Internet Explorer, click on the Tools button, then on Internet Options and click on the "Privacy" tab and the "Advanced" button to bring up the "Advanced Privacy Settings" window.
Then check the box "Ignore automatic cookie management" and select "Reject" in the column "Third party cookies".
2/ if you use the browser Firefox™
Go to the "Tools" tab of the browser and select the "Options" menu
In the window that appears, choose the "Privacy" tab and set the "Retention rules" menu by choosing "Use custom settings for history".
In the menu, you can choose to uncheck the box "Accept cookies" or, to choose "Never", in the drop-down menu entitled "Accept third-party cookies".
You can also, by clicking on "Show cookies", locate files that contain the name " lesgensheureux ", select them and delete them.
3/ if you use the browser Safari™
In your browser, choose the "Edit" menu and then "Preferences".
Click on "Security".
Click on "Show cookies".
Select the cookies that contain the name "lesgensheureux " and click on "Delete" or "Delete All".
After deleting the cookies, click on "Done".
4/ if you use the Google browser Chrome™
Click on the Settings menu icon and then click on "Show Advanced Settings" (located at the bottom of the page).
Then click on the "Content settings" button and tick the box "Block cookies and data from third-party sites" and click on "OK" to confirm your choice.
You can also click on "View all cookies and site data", then search using the word " lesgensheureux " in the search bar located at the top right. You can then choose the cookies you want to delete or click on "Delete All".
5/ if you use the browser Opera™
Open the "Tools" or "Settings" menu and select "Delete private data"; click on the "Detailed options" tab, then choose the desired options or follow this link: http://help.opera.com/windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED BY LES GENS HEUREUX ?
Depending on the nature and purpose of your interaction with Les Gens Heureux (creation of a user account, registration for the Newsletter, filling in contact forms, as well as during any telephone exchanges) we may collect the following Data:
- You will necessarily be asked for your email address if you wish to create a user account, communicate with us via contact forms and/or receive our Newsletter;
- Data relating to your identity such as your surname, first name, user category, e-mail address, postal address may be requested from you;
- Data about your visits to our site, including traffic data, log files and other communication data or resources that you use when accessing our website;
- Order Data: Your postal address is required for invoicing purposes. In the same way, your bank details or PayPal must be filled in to proceed to the payment of your order;
HOW IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED BY LES GENS HEUREUX ?
Data can be collected in different ways on the site.
Data may be collected directly when you transfer it to us using the contact and user account creation forms, newsletter registration available on the website and/or communicated when you contact us by telephone.
When you contact us through these various means, a copy of your interactions with Les Gens Heureux, including email addresses, is made and archived.
Les Gens Heureux also collects your Data indirectly through cookies/tracers.
WHY IS YOUR DATA COLLECTED BY LES GENS HEUREUX ?
We collect your Data for:
- Send you our Newsletter and personalized commercial offers if you have consented;
- Allow you to use the interactive features of the website and purchase products on the site;
- Manage orders and execute the contract;
- Ensure the safety and traceability of product purchases;
- Send you information about your account (including purchase invoices, order history);
- Manage your requests sent either via the contact form
- Allow you to leave a review on the products;
- Notify you of any changes on our website or in our product and service offering;
- Comply with our rights and obligations set out in contracts with users and for any other legal purposes.
WHO PROCESSES YOUR DATA COLLECTED BY LES GENS HEUREUX ?
Your Data is processed by Les Gens Heureux employees in charge of:
- Website management;
- Support management, to answer all your questions;
- The management of the processing of your order;
- Billing management.
In addition, in the course of our business, and for external processing purposes, your Data may be disclosed to subcontractors, service providers or other third parties, and in particular :
- For payment management
In order to facilitate the experience of its users, Les Gens Heureux offers the following payment methods to make purchases on the site:
- Online payment by Credit Card (Credit Card, Visa Card, Eurocard / Mastercard, Amex) in the 2 available currencies;
- Payments are made by our partner (Stripe).
Les Gens Heureux has no access to your login details and credit card numbers.
All transactions are secured using SSL encryption, guaranteeing both the identity of the payment institution and the confidentiality of the data.
- To send our Newsletters
Our emailing campaigns are managed through Mailchimp services, published by The Rocket Science Group, LLC - 675 Ponce de Leon Ave NE - Suite 5000 - Atlanta, GA 30308 USA
HOW LONG ARE YOUR DATA STORED AND PROTECTED?
Les Gens Heureux only keeps your Data for as long as necessary for the purposes set out above.
This storage period is not the same according to the Data in question, the nature and purpose of the collection being likely to vary this period. Similarly, certain legal obligations impose a specific retention period.
When you subscribe to the Newsletter, we keep your email address until you unsubscribe.
When you contact Les Gens Heureux using the various contact forms, your data will be kept for up to five (5) years from the last contact.
In the case of your user account, your billing data is kept for ten (10) years from the date of purchase.
The rest of your data will be kept for five (5) years from the date you request to deactivate your user account.
When you request it, your user account will be deactivated and then totally deleted at the end of the above-mentioned periods from the day you made the request.
Finally, as regards Data collected by means of cookies or tracers, they will be stored for up to six (6) months for cookies or tracers measuring the audience and up to thirteen (13) months for the others.
Beyond the above-mentioned retention periods, your Data will be anonymized for statistical purposes only.
Your Data is stored on secure servers and protected by firewalls and antivirus software.
However, given the particularities of the Internet, it is impossible for us to guarantee the optimal security of information exchanges on this network.
We strive to protect your Data, but we cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information transmitted to the Website. You agree that you transmit your Data at your own risk.
We cannot be held responsible for any breach of privacy settings or security measures on our Website.
As such, you agree that the security of your information is also your responsibility. For example, it is your responsibility to keep the password for your user account secret.
Do not disclose it to third parties under any circumstances. Similarly, be careful when disclosing information in public areas of the bebsite, which may be viewed by any user of the website.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You can choose how the Data you provide us is used:
- You can browse the site without providing Data.
If necessary, you may not be able to use certain features of the site and, in particular, to make purchases.
- You can refuse to provide your bank details or PayPal and/or your postal address.
If necessary, you may not be able to use certain features of the site and, in particular, to make purchases.
- You can decide to stop receiving the Newsletter and our personalized offers: you just have to log in to your site user account or click on the link in the email sent to you.
In any case, you have the possibility to access your user account at any time to consult or update your Data and unsubscribe to our Newsletter.
In accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data, in particular European Regulation 2016/679 on Data Protection (the " GDPR ") as well as the law of 6 January 1978 n°78-17 " Informatique et Libertés " and its amendments, you have a right of access and a right of rectification on your Data.
You also have the right to define guidelines regarding the fate of your Data in the event of death.
In addition, subject to the conditions provided by the said regulations for the exercise of these rights, you benefit from:
- A right to the deletion of your Data;
- A right to limit the processing of your Data;
- A right to object to the processing of your Data for legitimate reasons, in accordance with Article 21 of the GDPR;
- A right to portability on the Data you have provided (for automated processing based on consent or the performance of a contract);
- The right to withdraw consent, when it has been requested from you.
When the processing of your Data is carried out on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw it at any time.
However, you acknowledge that processing operations carried out before your consent is revoked remain perfectly valid.
You also have the right to object without reason to Les Gens Heureux profiling your Data as part of sending content or communications for commercial prospecting purposes.
However, in accordance with Article 12.6 of the GPDR, for the exercise of these rights, Les Gens Heureux, as controller, reserves the right to ask you to prove your identity. We inform you that the data used to prove your identity will be deleted once we have answered your request. You can exercise these rights by sending an email in French or English to: email@example.com or to the following address: Les Gens Heureux - 305 rue Marcel Belot - 45160 Olivet - France
We have a period of one month to respond to any request relating to the exercise of your rights. This time limit may be extended by two months, due to the complexity or excessive number of requests.